If you're having issues printing from your bluetooth connected printer, a reset will make sure all configurations are as needed. This article will walk you through instructions for a printer reset and reconnecting to your kiosk via bluetooth.
FIrst, confirm your printer is connected via bluetooth.
If your printer model number is QL-820NWB, follow the troubleshooting instructions in this article to re-pair your printer and kiosk connection. If your printer model number is QL-710W or QL-800, see the USB Printer Issues article for instructions.
RESET THE PRINTER (QL-820NWB)
- Push the [Menu] button and use the ▼ arrow key to navigate to the Administration tab
- Under Administration, use the ▼ arrow key to navigate down the list until you see Reset and then press the [OK] button
- Select Factory Reset and confirm the operation
- The printer will then reset itself and reboot to Factory Default
- Once the Printer comes back up, set the Language, Date and Time
- Push the [Menu] button and use the ▼ arrow key to navigate to Template Mode and turn it Off
- Push the [Menu] button, choose Settings and use the ▼ arrow key to navigate to ‘Auto Power Off’ and press the [OK] button
- Choose Adapter, and use the ▲ arrow key to choose to ‘Off’
- Push the [Menu] button and use the ▼ arrow key to navigate to Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth ‘On’
- Return to Bluetooth, click on "Automatic Reconnection" and turn "Automatic Reconnection" on.
- Return to Bluetooth and choose Bluetooth Status where you will be able to see the Device name that you are looking to pair with your kiosk
- Use the [⤺] back arrow button multiple times to return to the date and time.
Now the printer should be configured properly for you to be able to connect it to your kiosk.
CONNECT THE PRINTER
- Tap the Accushield logo at the top of the kiosk sign in / sign out screen 5-6 times and the "Kiosk Description" page will appear. (Note: Your kiosk sign in / sign out screen will be one of the below examples based on which Accushield application is installed on your kiosk.)
- Tap the "Settings" option
The Samsung tablet setting screen is separated in two columns as seen in the image below (this image is for Android version 7.0 and higher. Tablets on Android 6.0 are slightly different).
- Select the "Connections" option at the top left of the next screen, then tap "Bluetooth"
Make sure that the Bluetooth is turned on
Ensure that the checkbox to the far right of 'Bluetooth - Galaxy Tab A' is checked
If it is not, tap on the checkbox
A window will pop-up asking to allow permission to turn on Bluetooth. Tap YES
- Under Available Devices, look for a printer with a name that begins with QL-820NWB (for example QL-820NWB8102) and tap it. Make sure to scroll all the way down the list to find the printer
If you need to confirm the printer name, go to the printer and tap the Menu button
- Tap the Up Arrow button 2 times until you get to Bluetooth. Tap OK
- Tap the Down Arrow button 2 times until you get to Bluetooth Status. Tap OK
- Find the Device Name (for example QL-820NWB8102)
- Take note of the printer name so you know it when you pair the printer and tablet
- Tap the back button on the printer 3 times to go back to the printer’s Home Screen that displays the date and time
- Go back to the kiosk
- A window will pop-up that says “Bluetooth pairing request.” Tap OK
- Depending on which kiosk and software version you have, do one of the following steps to exit the settings menu:
1. Wait a minute or two for the kiosk to return to the Accushield app
2. Press and hold the power button to restart the kiosk
- Print to test the printer. Based on which Accushield application is installed on your kiosk, you can go to the Kiosk Description page and "Print test badge" or sign in to the kiosk to print a badge.
If you still can not print, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-478-5085 and select option 2 for communities, option 1 for existing communities, and then option 1 for kiosk support.