If you are having trouble turning on your kiosk, follow the steps below to perform a "Soft Reset". A soft reset of your kiosk will close all applications and restart the tablet with only the necessary applications running.
See the tablet soft reset instructions below for your tablet.
- If your camera is located below your kiosk screen, press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons simultaneously for about 10 to 15 seconds. The kiosk will turn off and automatically turn on. This kiosk does not have a battery and must be plugged in at all times to function.
- If your camera is located to the left of your kiosk screen, follow the steps below.
- Unscrew the 4 screws on the back of the kiosk
- Remove the metal and plastic frames that covers the tablet
- Make sure the micro USB end of the kiosk power cable is plugged into the micro usb port of the tablet
- Plug the USB end of kiosk power cable into the Samsung power adapter and plug them into a wall power outlet
If nothing appears on the tablet screen then follow the instructions below
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons simultaneously for about 10 to 15 seconds on the tablet
The tablet should "unfreeze" and show the battery charge percentage. If the tablet is still showing a black screen:
- Ensure you are holding down the power and volume down buttons and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons simultaneously for about 10 to 15 seconds again
- Once the battery charge percentage shows, hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds to power the device on
- Swipe from left to right across the bottom of the screen to unlock the tablet and the Accushield app should open
If you are still experiencing issues, please send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-478-5085 and select option 2 for communities, option 1 for existing communities, and then option 1 for kiosk support.