If you have a kiosk that has a battery backup, your kiosk may consistently have a low battery level or other low battery symptoms. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot a draining battery issue.
- If your camera is located below your kiosk screen, your kiosk does not have a battery and must be plugged in at all times to function.
- If your camera is located to the left of your kiosk screen, follow the instructions below.
LOW BATTERY LEVEL TROUBLESHOOTING
1. Unplug the Samsung Power Adapter from the wall outlet or surge protector
2. Unplug the USB cable from the Samsung Power Adapter
3. Plug the USB cable back into the adapter and back into the surge protector or outlet
Confirm the following:
- Confirm that you are using the original Samsung power adapter designed to charge the Accushield kiosk
- Confirm the USB power cable is not plugged into the back of a computer, printer or other device. It should only ever be plugged into the Samsung Power Adapter
- Confirm there is not more than 6 feet of USB cable between the kiosk and the power source. If you use an additional USB to USB extender cable, the kiosk will not be able to keep charged and will slowly lose power.
- If the kiosk is still not holding a charge, please open up the enclosure to confirm the power cable has not become disconnected from the tablet.
Unscrew the 4 screws on the back
Plug power into tablet
If the issue persists, please send us an email at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-478-5085 and select option 2 for communities, option 1 for existing communities, and then option 1 for kiosk support. See contact tech support for more information.