First, please familiarize yourself with the various components and indicators of the thermometer.
- Infrared camera lens
- Distance sensor
- Ambient temperature sensor
- LED indicator (Orange): too close to thermometer, move backwards
- LED indicator (Green): within range, measurement started
- LED indicator (Orange): too far away from thermometer, move closer
Also, do NOT place the kiosk where the thermometer is close to or pointing to:
- Warm objects, light sources and heat sources such as radiators
- Windows or frames exposed to direct sunlight
- Reflective surfaces such as mirrors and glass
- Fans or air conditioning vents
TAKING TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENTS
The thermometer is using the infrared camera lens to measure the temperature of the visitor’s forehead. For the most accurate temperature measurements, the visitor should:
- Position their face 1-2 feet or an arm’s length away from the thermometer
- Line up their face with where the infrared camera is pointing. The visitor should be able to see the reflection of their face on the infrared camera lens
- Make sure their forehead is not covered (remove hats and brush away hair) and remove eyeglasses
Once the visitor taps Scan on the kiosk, the temperature measurement will start and LED lights on the thermometer will turn on as follows:
- Green light means the measurement is in process
- Orange light above the left arrow means the visitor is too close and should move back
- Orange light above the right arrow means the visitor is too far and should move closer
When the visitor taps Scan, there will be a "Scanning" dialog box while the temperature scan is in progress. The temperature measurement should take about 5 seconds. Once complete, the Green light will turn off and the temperature will be displayed on the kiosk.
Should the kiosk user not tap "Scan", the temperature will automatically be taken after 4 seconds. If an appropriate temperature is measured, the kiosk will move to the next screen.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
The thermometer is calibrated and does not need recalibration over its lifetime.
To clean the thermometer:
- Disconnect the device USB cable from the kiosk
- Wipe the device with a soft, lint-free cloth moistened with 70% alcohol
- Never spray a cleaning solution directly onto the device
For additional support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-478-5085, ext. 202.